vancouver aquarium, may 2013. photos andy clark
FIRST KISS: We asked twenty strangers to kiss for the first time…
"What’s your name again?"
Damn, I need to kiss someone
THERE’S A LOT OF HAPPINESS IN THIS AND IT MAKES ME HAPPY
it also makes me super sad bc i just want to smooch my girlfriend
This is lovely. It’s refreshing to see such happiness :)
ow my heart physically hurts
Land of Pyramids and Neon
Been a while since I posted a song, but it was hard to resist making one for those beautiful world designs! Whew!! Doing something space-y was fun.
Answer all these questions and you should have a fully-developed character for your audience to connect with.
A strong character can carry a weak plot; but a strong plot can’t carry weak characters
I didn’t know I needed this.
*Rubbing this all over my face*
1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
4. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
5. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
6. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
7. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
8. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
9. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
10. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
11. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
13. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
14. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
15. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
Davos Seaworth gets engulfed by a giant version of himself, breaking through from the fifth dimension.
CUPID drone features an 80,000 volt stun gun.
Tech company Chaotic Moon have shown their smartphone-controlled drone called CUPID, able to detain a subject by using an 80,000 volt stun gun.
The power output is so strong, it creates an electromagnetic field large enough to ruin any electronics within a five foot range. The electronics in the drone itself are shielded in a Faraday cage.
There’s a video up here of the drone ‘detaining’ an intern.
How I feel about religion. God should be presented as what he is, love and kindness. Stop using his name to justify your racism, homo phobia and sexesim
Ruby Sparks: Worth a watch. Definitely. If you liked Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Her, Crazy Stupid Love, or other movies in the kinda hipstery rom-com genre I think you’ll like Ruby Sparks. It’s got the most in common, thematically, with Eternal Sunshine, at least from my perspective!
Basic plot premise: An author literally writes a woman into existence.
As you can imagine, there’s a lot of really interesting thematic stuff that’s explored as a result: the nature of relationships, selfishness in relationships, dealing with conflict and character flaws, loneliness, the need for space between individuals, acknowledging your partner’s autonomy and agency, RESPECTING INDIVIDUALS AS REAL PEOPLE WITH REAL FEELINGS INSTEAD OF PROJECTING ONTO THEM etc. More under the cut because I have feelings I need to deal with. SPOILERS, by the way.
You see, procrastinators tend to be people who have, for whatever reason, developed to perceive an unusually strong association between their performance and their value as a person. This makes failure or criticism disproportionately painful, which leads naturally to hesitancy when it comes to the prospect of doing anything that reflects their ability — which is pretty much everything.
I’ve posted this before but I’m posting it again because it’s just so important and really gets at the heart of why so much advice about procrastination, much of it targeted at people who have ADHD but are just considered “lazy,” fails. Before you can tell someone to “just do it already,” you need to think about the reasons they’re NOT doing it, like all the meanings they’ve attached to vague terms like “success” and “failure.”
That resonates too much. As I sit on tumblr at 1 in the morning, avoid studying for a test I have at noon today.
Jellyfish float around in an illuminated tank listlessly. Taken at the S.E.A. Aquarium at Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore.
Kanto Illustrations #050 - 073 - Created by Piper Thibodeau
Piper’s fantastic series to illustrate the entire Pokedex marches on, and here is the latest installment! As usual, Piper’s take on each Pokemon is fun, creative, and delightfully well executed. Be sure to follow along on Tumblr or Twitter for all the latest updates.
none of those parent pokemon are having any of your shit.